background

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Catching up on Books read...

Among the Impostors by Margaret Peterson Haddix is the second book in the series Shadow Children.  The first book is called Among the Hidden. Among the Impostors started where the first book in the series left off. For me, it had a very slow start, but as I continued reading - I enjoyed the ending of the story.  I wonder what Luke will do next.  Among the Hidden is an excellent book and pretty exciting throughout the entire story line.

I also read Firegirl. This book is about a girl who was severely burned in a fire who begins attending a private Catholic school near the hospital where she is receiving treatments.  This book only takes place over a two week period where she attends the new school.  When it comes time for her to leave, the has affected one particular classmate in a strange way.

My Life as a Book by Janet Tashjian is hilarious.  There were parts where I LOLed!  As I was reading, I made some connections to the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.  Derek reminded my of Greg. If you do not like to read, this would be a great book to start with. I was totally thrown off by the title - the book was not what I expected at all.  Take a chance and read this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment